Our first concern has always been the production of high-quality carvings, which is why we have set up spacious rooms for the production of carvings and a painting facility run by master painters in our new factory in Pontives Val Gardena.
The ARMO woodcarving factory (founded by Arnold Moroder) started its activity in 1958 as one of the first manufacturers of carvings using a carving machine. It was a small artisan business on the piazza S. Antonio in the center of Ortisei in Val Gardena. As the demand for our carvings continued to increase in the seventies and eighties, in the 1990s we moved to the new factory in the artisan zone of Pontives.
The picture shows company founder Arnold Moroder (in the middle) with his son Siegfried (managing director), his wife Greta (master painter) and nephew Alex in the 1990s.
At Christmas, one of the most beautiful cribs of our production decorates the entrance of the company. In a wonderful wooden nativity house, embedded in an oriental landscape made by our master carvers and painters, the nativity figures come into their own.